1. wrnchtwstr
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Love Fool
  3. Car Show Talk
  4. Sunday, 15 March 2015
I know many of you make the rounds to local car shows and events. So tell us some of your travels. Some shows that were your favorites, some you may have been entered in, maybe some you have traveled the farthest too. Hope to here about  your journeys and some friends you might have met along the way. So as Roy Rogers always said "Happy Trails to you"
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Here it is, the first day of spring and the 2017 car show season is about to go full steam ahead. Take a moment and share some of the events you have on your calendar that you plan to attend this season.
Have a safe and enjoyable Car Show season. :D
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Happy 4th of July to everyone. There will be a lot of activity of the roads this weekend and many of you will be out there with those beautiful rides in 4th of July celebrations all over the area. Just be careful where ever you go, we want to be able to here about your success in the shows you attended and see the pictures you took while at the shows. Good Luck and have a Sensational Saturday  
[img]media/editors/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif[/img]
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I took a trip today to the Southern Idaho Truck Show in Eden Idaho, then after that I heaed over to the Family reunion in Elba Idaho. I put a few a few miles on the HHR today. I found this water fall while crossing the Snake River going from Eden to Elba .
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Well this is the last weekend for the month of June and Mother Nature is leaving us with a fantastic weekend to go Car Showing. I hope everyone gets out and takes advantage of this nice weather. I'll be going to a couple of local shows this weekend, so be on the look out for some photos to come. Hope to see and hear about some of your adventures as well. Good Luck and have a Super Saturday.  
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I do a LOT of shows through the season. Many are very close within 20-25 miles and I can't say that I have a favorite. As far as how far I have gone that would be the UVU show at Thanksgiving point in Lehi at about 50 miles away and I did drive the Bricklin there. The normal far one I usually do every year is Peach Days in Brigham City at about 25 miles. With only a couple exceptions I dive my '75 Bricklin known as "Kermie" to all the shows I take it to. The first show this year I put him on the back of my 5 ton as a joke and people really enjoyed that.
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I didn't have to travel to great lengths today to catch the car shows I wanted to see this weekend. I caught the all Corvette show in Edmond, which is less than 20 min. from my house, early this morning. Then caught the all MOPAR show in Bricktown, that is only 5 min. from my house, this afternoon. I like it when they are close like that. Go check out the pictures in the Corvette Connoisseurs group and the MOPAR Maniacs group.   
[img]media/editors/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I don't take the Rescue Squad too far, Malad Idaho is about the limit for it, its 45 miles one way. I made the trip this year with out any problems, so it was smooth going. Two years ago it was a differant story. I had just gotten the Rescue Squad the summer before and had not put too many miles on it that year as I was driving charter bus to Yellowstone all summer in 2012. I found that the fuel tank was full of junk, so I was changing the fuel filters quit often. before heading to malad I put in a new filter. the Rescue Squad started to run bad about 2/3 of the way to malad, but we made it to the show. after the show I didn't get vary far on the way home before I had to stop to change the filters on the side of the road. I drove a little ways and still had trouble, so I pulled the filter from the intake on the carb too, then it ran Ok the rest of the way home. Once I got home I swapped out the one filter and install two inline.
Attachments (5)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I see a lot of you have been busy making the rounds to different car shows in your area. A lot of great camera work going on out there. I know Mother Nature has slowed some of us down, so tell us about some those that you were able to attend.  
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
The first NSRA event I attended was in 1974. It was the last year Dad and I made our yearly trip from Oklahoma back to Bakersfield. The Street Rod Nationals was being held there that summer. Back then the NSRA didn't have that many events in one year. It was in a different location every year, so it was a big thing to be able to attend an event. Now they have about 10 events a year and it goes to the same location every year. I just happen to live in one of the locations on the schedule. So that's my longest trip to a car show - Oklahoma City to Bakersfield Calif.  Let's here about yours. 
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
I think I posted someplace it was 45 miles oneway to Malad, but it pretty much open country from my place to there.  With the Rescue Squad, fuel useage is one thing that keep it close to home, but its also geared low so its slow going, tops out around 55 MPH which for its day was good for a truck. With the Galaxie I can veture out a little more, but so far I have not run it too far as the front end was trashed, now that its rebuilt, should have no trouble traveling savely in it. I took the HHR to the Under the stars show in 2013, that was about 50 mile, and just this Month I drove to South Jodan, around 90 miles one way for me. Lets see I've been to Salin Utah for the truck show, 4 hours one way, and Edan Idaho, about 2 hours. But I take the HHR to those show and just shoot photos. I did senk the HHR in at Salina and entered it in Idaho, here are two photos below.
Attachments (2)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Hello Jolly, I see you might attend the Malad Car Show. I see it's in Idaho, how far will you have to travel to get there? What ride will you take? That good looking 68 Ford Convertible? Well have a save trip when you head that way, I know it goes without saying, but take plenty of pictures. 
[img]media/editors/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img]
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Car Show Talk
  3. # 11
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.
No Internet Connection