Find upcoming classic car shows and auto events near you. From car shows and cruise nights to classic car auctions and swap meets and more, be sure to browse our 50 state event calendars. Do you have a classic car show, event, or classic & collector car auction coming up? Add your event to our calendar free of charge! Just click here to get started.
|Event Date / Time:|
|Event Description:|| |
So it is official, we have decided on Sunday October 30th for the day of the fest. Most people requested that we keep it to the Sunday closest to Nov 1st or 2nd( the traditional days for Dia de Los Muertos) to keep it more open to families being able to make it out and to keep it as an all day event as it was this past year.
Events include :
*dance performances by Everything Goes Dance Studios’ “Spirit of Mexico" Folkloric Company and Yumare Mexican Folklore Dancers
* a Day of the Dead themed chalk art show sponsored
by Kasum Contemporary
*Face Painting with Artistic Temperament and Cheeky Smiles; *Day of the Dead themed caricatures by local artist Don Rosencrans
* lowriders from Goodtimes Car Club handing out candy
* a group Day of the Dead art show @ Graphite
* an allday classic Mexican Monster Movie Marathon at District House, programmed by Louis Fowler of DAMAGED Viewing, the Metro’s only Latinobased film club.
*In keeping with the spiritual aspects of the holiday, participants can walk the district and view artists created ofrendas located within the restaurants, galleries, and retail as well as visit the community ofrenda where they can light a candle for a lost loved one
* around 3 pm we will have our La Catrina Procession ( hoping to beat the record of 509 Catrinas in one place). A traditional Day of the Dead procession is a candlelight walk but since it will be daylight we will take our procession lead by drummers down the sidewalks throughout the Plaza District.
* At 5:30 we will have live music with all skeleton band Los Eskeletos
*There will also be plenty of shopping on hand for Day of the Dead themed art and handcrafted accessories from a curated selection of vendors in addition to the large selection of Hispanic and Day of the Dead influenced goods throughout many of the local Plaza District retail establishments.
*Food and drink from Big Truck Taco, Chiltepes, Urban Wineworks, Empire, District House, Roxy's ,
Saints, and the Mule will keep everyone’s bellies full and thirst quenched
Activity stations for both kids and adults will include papel picado making, skull mask creation station,coloring , as well as playing traditional games such as loteria .
All are welcomed and encouraged to come out and participate in the festivities with an openmind and respectful heart.
Event contact information
Flyers & Registration Forms